Having been a college student for a long time (undergraduate, professional, and master’s degree), I have become very knowledgeable about essential back to college supplies every student needs. This post covers back to college supplies you need from study materials and stationeries to organizational supplies, kitchen supplies, and cleaning tools.
When it comes to getting my back to college checklist completed, I always check Amazon. I used to get my books from the college bookstore and once I discovered how much I could save with Amazon Prime for Students, I never looked back.
I have had Amazon Prime Student for almost four years now and absolutely love the benefits that Student Prime membership offers. Some of the benefits of Student Prime include:
- Free Two-Day Shipping and exclusive college deals
- Unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video
- Free game content every month
- Unlimited listening to original audio series with Audible
- Unlimited reading on any device with Prime Reading
Although there is no additional discount on book rentals, I rely on Amazon Textbooks Store for all my college texts because it offers the best rental deals on my college texts. You can try Amazon Prime Student FREE for six months, courtesy of Sprint and you can cancel at any time. After the free six months trial, students receive 50 percent off of the regular Amazon Prime Membership at only $49 annually.
You have so much to think about when shopping for back to school essentials. It also doesn’t help that college dorm rooms are tiny living boxes. So, jam-packing your room with everything from home will not be the most efficient way to organize your dorm room. Use this back to school college guide to help you with your back to college supplies for your educational needs, dorm necessities, personal care supplies, and clothing needs.
Study Materials & Stationeries
These are the materials you need for note-taking and to organize your educational materials.
- Index cards – To study for quizzes, tests, and presentations.
- Folders with pockets
- Plastic dividers – To separate different subjects and topics.
- Three-ring binder
- Three-hole punch – To punch holes into class handouts for organization into course binder.
- College-ruled loose-leaf paper – For note-taking or even pop quizzes.
- Printer – One with wireless and mobile printing offers convenience and functionality. Some schools give students some printing credits at the beginning of the semester.
- Standard printing paper
- Mechanical pencils
- Retractable pens
- Retractable assorted pens – Perfect to emphasize key points while taking notes.
- Highlighters – To highlight keywords or phrases in notes or sentences while reading texts.
- Pen and pencil carrying case
- Post-it Flags – Use this to flag important notes or sections for easy referencing.
- Post-it Notes – Perfect for note taking in rented textbooks or for extra notes.
- White-out correction tape – To correct errors immediately without waiting for it to dry.
- Shatterproof ruler
- Daily planner – To keep schedule organized and to keep track of exams, work, and vacation.
- Scientific calculator – Sometimes all you need is a simple scientific calculator. Calculator requirements will usually be specified in the course syllabus.
- Backpack – One with a special laptop compartment usually provides extra cushion to protect your laptop.
- Headphones – To drown out the noise from neighbors.
- Mattress cover
- Extra-long twin sheets
- Pillow protector
- Comforter set
- Alarm clock – For those who need an extra wake up call.
- Adjustable bed risers – Lifts bed high enough to create more room for storage. Great for those in shared dorm rooms.
- Stackable plastic storage bins
- Dimmable study lamp
- Surge protector extension cord
- Clothes hangers
- Eye mask
- Hair dryer, curling iron, straightening iron
Personal Care Supplies
- Toiletries – Things to include are lotion, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, toothbrush holder, sponge/washcloth, deodorant, comb/hair brush, shower cap, shaving stick, lip balm.
- Toiletry bag or shower caddy, sanitary napkins.
- Manicure tool set
- Mini first aid kit
- Insulated water bottle
Clothing & Accessories
- Winter jacket & outerwear
I hope you find this guide helpful as you make preparations to go back to school this season. Amazon is my one-stop destination for a majority of my college needs and the prices are unbeatable. I have been using Amazon Prime Student for almost four years now and will be rounding up my degree this semester (super excited!). Good luck this semester!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Join our Mailing List
Subscribe to get our latest content by email: Fashion, Beauty, Blogging tips & resources, Sales & discounts, and more.
Enter your name and email!