This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
This post covers back to college supplies you need from study materials and stationeries to organizational supplies, dorm room supplies, and cleaning tools.
When it comes to getting my back to college checklist completed, I always check Amazon. I used to get my books from the college bookstore and once I discovered how much I could save with Amazon Prime for Students, I never looked back.
I took advantage of the benefits Amazon Prime for students to save me money. It costs half the price of regular Prime subscription but it is loaded with the same benefits. Some of the benefits of Student Prime include:
- Free Two-Day Shipping and exclusive college deals
- Unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video
- Free game content every month
- Unlimited listening to original audio series with Audible
- Unlimited reading on any device with Prime Reading
I could never bring myself to pay more than $300 on a college text book. And yes, I’ve had texts that costs more than $300!
So I either boughtAlthough there is no additional discount on book rentals, I rely I quickly realized that I was throwing money down the drain when I discovered Amazon Textbooks Store. 90-95% of the time, Amazon was cheaper.
So, I stopped getting my texts through the campus bookstore. I either bought my college texts on Amazon or rented them. And as it turns out, Amazon offers the best rental deals on textbookss.
You can try Amazon Prime Student FREE for six months, cancel at any time. After the free six months trial, students receive 50 percent off of the regular Amazon Prime Membership at only $49 annually.
You have so much to think about when shopping for back to school essentials. It also doesn’t help that college dorm rooms are tiny living boxes. So, jam-packing your room with everything from home will not be the most efficient way to organize your dorm room.
Use this back to school college guide to help you organize shopping for your college supplies like educational needs, dorm necessities, personal care supplies, and clothing needs.
Study Materials & Stationeries
These are the materials you need for note-taking and to organize your educational materials.
- Index cards – To study for quizzes, tests, and presentations.
- Folders with pockets
- Plastic dividers – To separate different subjects and topics.
- Three-ring binder
- Three-hole punch – To punch holes into class handouts for organization into course binder.
- College-ruled loose-leaf paper – For note-taking or even pop quizzes.
- Printer – One with wireless and mobile printing offers convenience and functionality. Some schools give students some printing credits at the beginning of the semester.
- Standard printing paper
- Mechanical pencils
- Retractable pens
- Retractable assorted pens – Perfect to emphasize key points while taking notes.
- Highlighters – To highlight keywords or phrases in notes or sentences while reading texts.
- Pen and pencil carrying case
- Post-it Flags – Use this to flag important notes or sections for easy referencing.
- Post-it Notes – Perfect for note taking in rented textbooks or for extra notes.
- White-out correction tape – To correct errors immediately without waiting for it to dry.
- Shatterproof ruler
- Daily planner – To keep schedule organized and to keep track of exams, work, and vacation.
- Scientific calculator – Sometimes all you need is a simple scientific calculator. Calculator requirements will usually be specified in the course syllabus.
- Backpack – One with a special laptop compartment usually provides extra cushion to protect your laptop.
- Headphones – To drown out the noise from neighbors.
- Mattress cover
- Extra-long twin sheets
- Pillow protector
- Comforter set
- Alarm clock – For those who need an extra wake up call.
- Adjustable bed risers – Lifts bed high enough to create more room for storage. Great for those in shared dorm rooms.
- Stackable plastic storage bins
- Dimmable study lamp
- Surge protector extension cord
- Clothes hangers
- Eye mask
- Hair dryer, curling iron, straightening iron
Personal Care Supplies
- Toiletries – Things to include are lotion, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, toothbrush holder, sponge/washcloth, deodorant, comb/hair brush, shower cap, shaving stick, lip balm.
- Toiletry bag or shower caddy, sanitary napkins.
- Manicure tool set
- Mini first aid kit
- Insulated water bottle
Clothing & Accessories
- Winter jacket & outerwear
I hope you found this back to college shopping list helpful as you make preparations to go back to school this season. Amazon is my one-stop destination for a majority of my college needs and the prices are unbeatable.
I used Amazon Prime Student for four years and recently transitioned to standard Amazon Prime. Wishing you nothing but the best this semester!
Click on image to shop
This post was sponsored by Amazon Prime Student. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.