This post was sponsored by the PRIMP Network. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.
For as long as I can remember, I knew that New York is a world of its own. It can inspire you to do great things but it can break you. So it was no shocker to hear the statement, “New York is not for everyone.”
Shop The Look
For as long as I can remember, I knew that New York is a world of its own. It can inspire you to do great things but it can break you. So it was no shocker to hear the familiar statement that “New York is not for everyone.”
But nothing prepared me for life in Alaska. I knew that Alaska was cold and isolated but I had no idea how cold and isolating it could be. Just like New York, Alaska is a world of its own. Unlike New York, the arctic air feels clean and uncontaminated.
And summertime is abundant with lots of sunshine. When winter comes knocking, you quickly realize that just like New York, “Alaska is not for everyone.” I love Alaska! And I’m proud to call this beautiful land home. The Northern Lights alone make the not-so-pleasant winters tolerable. The people and diverse culture make it easy to fit in.
But I too have my days! So how do I deal with the isolation, darkness, and distance from family? It was a struggle but what I found helpful was focusing on things that bring me joy. On tough winter days, I remind myself that summers in Alaska are priceless. I reminisce, for a moment, on warm summer days like this summer photos to warm up my heart.
I recently learned that it takes 21 days for an action to become a habit. So I am excited to be a part of Pamprin’s 21 Days of Positivity initiative. It could be harder to stay positive especially during that time of the month when you’re bloating, cramping, and irritable. The Pamprin campaign came up with 7 ways you can stay positive each day of the week.
7 WAYS TO MAKE POSITIVITY A HABIT
- Start Today with 3 Positive Self-affirmations. Attach your list to your mirror. Read them aloud every day. Add to the list every day.
- Find Positive Company. Who are the stars in your social circle? Who builds you up? Stick with the stars and become one.
- Make a List of Things for Which You’re Grateful. An attitude of gratitude is a sure fire way to attract positive vibes.
- Give Yourself and Others an “atta girl (boy).” When you give encouraging words, you also receive them.
- Seek, and You Will Find. We are responsible for choosing our perception. Look for the good, and you’re 100% guaranteed to find it.
- Find What Brings You Joy and order it up every single day. Unlike fleeting pleasure, joy is consistent. We cultivate it internally.
- Stop to Smell The Roses. Give One Away. Be present minded enough to give and receive life’s simple gifts.
Bonus: Hit “replay” and make it a habit. Positive thinking begets positive action. Positive action (over and over) creates positively powerful results.
Do this every day for three weeks and positively will become a habit! You’ll be pleasantly surprised by what you can accomplish when you approach the next 21 days with unrivaled optimism.
I encourage you to take the Pamprin 21 days positivity challenge to developing a healthy habit. It is totally ok to start a few days a week and work your way up. Set some time aside when you wake up to focus and reflect on your positive action for the day.
What are you going to do today to make 21 Days of Positive Mind, Positive Vibes, and Positive Life a habit for you? #BePositivePamprin
I am wearing:
Off The Shoulder Top (similar)
Yellow Front Slit Skirt (similar)
Pink Pointed Toe Pumps (similar)
Photos by Peace Photo