This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure for details.
|BECAUSE I LOVE GREEN & BLING|
Friday looking lovely already!
This is take two at outfit ideas for your Valentine’s date night outfit. Just like the first Valentine’s date night outfit, this dress was also gotten from the back of my closet. In fact, nothing from the look is new and that’s the fun part about restyling and mixing different pieces from within your closet. Two upsides is that it would be very unlikely that someone else would be spotted wearing the same pieces and if you’re on a tight budget like me, your wallet and budget will be in perfect harmony. Let’s break it down, piece by piece.
- Ami Club Wear bandage dress: I bought this dress back in 2011 for my birthday because my twin sister said we needed it. She had gotten really obsessed with Herve Leger bandage dresses ($$$$) so we had to look for a college friendly (i.e broke student) version of it. Thus, we went to our favorite store at the time, Ami Club Wear, and found quite a few different styles. I love this store because they always have some kind of discount (current discount is 50% off with code MINE50) but shipping cost to Alaska is expensive.
- Renvy Leighton Three Strap Pump: I told the story on Instagram (2015) about how I was drooling over a pair of Gianvito Rossi 3 strap pumps but forking out over $1000 was not going to happen. Equipped with a laptop and internet, I scoured the internet and found a perfect match (real leather and quality craftsmanship) via Gilt for $45 + 40% off + free shipping. So I ended up paying only $27 (more here).
- Burberry Ladies’ Etched Bracelet Watch: This Burberry watch was probably my first ever designer purchase bought with my own money in 2010. I was working as a conference assistant over the summer and I was honestly amazed by how much money I was making. So I decided to treat myself to a luxury item. Because owning a Burberry piece was something I’d always dreamed of having, I took aim at one of the most affordable Burberry goods on Nordstrom, And that’s how I brought home this gem.
- River Island Multi Gem Embellished Box Clutch: I happen to be one of those girls in a serious relationship with Asos (great selection & price, express shipping, student discount…). Asos also carries other brands and that’s how I was able to score this R.I clutch and received it right on time for my graduation from pharmacy school in 2014.
- HSN Steel Collar Necklace: I really don’t remember why I bought this collar necklace back in 2009. If I had to guess, I’d say I loved the design and the price was right ($10). Hsn does offer pretty good deals on jewelry and electronics (free shipping every now and then is also a bonus). As for the ring, I have no clue where and when I bought it.
Purse || (old) similar $60, alternative $60 |
Shoes || (old) similar $45, alternative $29 |
Dress || (old) alternative $32, alternative $38 |
Collar Necklace || (old) alternative $25, alternative $17 |