It’s no secret that ankara jackets are becoming a huge part of western culture. Only a few years ago, you would have gotten weird stares at your African print attire.
Now, we spot these magnificent prints on the red carpets, in movies, and music. You’ll probably get a compliment or two about how unique your outfit is. And that, my friends, is a stride in the right direction.
African print fabrics come in different designs, colors, and styles. Some of the most notable fabrics are Ankara, Kente, Kitenge, Dashiki, Aso oke, and Batik. If you’re on a search for uber chic and fashionable ankara jackets, look no further.
This post is a collection of some of the most stylish ankara jackets that I could find online. For the Amazon shoppers, here are the top-selling African print jackets. Not a Prime member yet? Try Prime free for 30 days here or free for 6-months with Amazon student Prime here.
- Features: African geometric print, patterns print, long sleeve, no button, stand collar, ethnic...
- Material: Polyester and spandex, soft fabric makes you feel comfortable.
- This African geometric patterns print jacket outwear coat is so classic and distinctive that makes...
- Occasions: Party, night, cocktail, evening, event, club, office, wedding, casual daily wear, etc.
- Size: S-XL, Please Refer To The Size Details Before You Purchase.
- long cardigans for women with hood womens cardigans lightweight dressy 3/4 sleeve cute clothes for...
- lightweight cardigans for women 2022 baby girl fall clothes winter dresses for women 2022 wedding...
- cable knit sweater women girls sweaters korean clothes for women crochet blanket cropped sweaters...
- off the shoulder sweaters for women hoodies graphic womens shrug knitted crop top blue cardigan for...
- plus size knitted tops for women summer cat ear hoodie toddler girl winter clothes black sleeveless...
- ❤️ ❤️ Perfect for Your Babies Go Outside and Take Photo or Daily Wear, Also as Best Gift for...
- ❤️ puppy toddler girl clothes snowsuit for a 4 year old girl toddler boy cardigan sweater...
- ❤️ toddler girl clothes fall toddler girl winter clothes toddler lace blouse toddler leopard...
- Handmade: Handcrafted by experienced garment workers, made of 100% African wax cotton, which is a...
- Clothing features: pockets on both sides of the garment.
- Style: ethnic customs, African clothing, party dress, printed clothing, sexy slim mini dress
- Occasions: party, shopping, school, wedding, work, club, cocktail, night, casual everyday wear, this...
- Note: African wax cotton is not stretched, before ordering, please carefully read the size of the...
- Material: toddler baby kids african print jacket made of high quality Polyester fabric,cozy and...
- Style:boho style African print jacket,Dashiki style for baby boys girls,bright color print,zipper...
- Size:Jacket fit for 1 T,2 T,3 T,4 T,5 T,6 T,7 T toddler african jacket,we have two style yellow and...
- Occasion:perfect clothes for dashiki costume event, kwanzaa ,black history months,Wear for birthday...
- About Package:1*jacket.
Last update on 2023-01-15 at 20:30 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
It’s literally a nightmare seeing a piece you love without knowing where to purchase it from. I’ve linked all the jackets below to the respective seller’s store. Sold out/out of stock items will be updated with new/in-stock ankara jackets that I can find. I hope you enjoy this post as much as I do!
*Please note: This post has been updated to include a fresh crop of new African print jackets. If you can’t find an item then it means that the product sold out.
25+ Most Stylish African Print Ankara Jackets in 2022
Psst! Want to be the first to get hot deals on fashion, beauty & more (up to 80% off) on top retailers like Amazon? Then join our exclusive private Facebook group. Today’s deals ⤵
1. Wax Print Bomber Jacket by Gitas Portal
Bomber jackets are a great add-on to transform a rather plain outfit. And this jacket from Gitas Portal is everything and then some. The print, colors, and cut just pops! Pair this beauty with jeans and even leggings for a clean, dressed-up casual look.
2. Vibrant Ankara Bomber Jacket by Boriah Clothiers
This versatile African print bomber is super stunning! The print, fitted varsity cuff, and collar make it stand out even more. And if you’re not already familiar with Boriah, she’s the queen of ankara jackets for men and women. I own a few of her pieces (ankara bomber included!!). This particular style is unisex and can be customized to your needs.
3. Ankara Blazer Coat by Sosome
In search of a one-of-a-kind jacket? Sosome got you covered with this drape style patchwork jacket. If you’re remotely thinking about getting this ankara blazer, I won’t sleep on it. Looks like there’s only one left in stock.
4. Wax Print Cape Jacket by African Dress Shop
What’s not to love about this gorgeous ankara cape made with premium African print cotton? The good news is that this jacket hangs beautifully on your shoulder without the need for fasteners.
It looks like a cross between a traditional jacket and a fitted suit jacket. A very neat concept! However, the ankara cape is almost sold out.
5. Long Sleeve Jacket by Shenbolen
If you’re still craving more African print jackets, this affordable ankara top will surely satisfy your desire. The bright colors contrast beautifully against the bold circles to make this jacket stand out. It features unhidden front zippers and a simple round neckline.
6. Dami Double-Breasted Jacket by Yetunde Sarumi
Oh, la la! Get ready for non-stop compliments in this Yetunde Sarumi statement jacket. The jacket fully lined with front pockets (yay!) and front button closure for convenience.
The oversized collar makes this Ankara jacket pop. If you own any piece from Yetunde Sarumi, you can relate to how I feel about this beauty. If you know, you know! #just saying
7. African Print Peplum Jacket by Anna Teiko
One word about this peplum jacket, “way-ment!” With the way Anna Teiko designed this classy, work-ready peplum jacket, you’re guaranteed to a unique ankara piece.
This mid-sleeve outerwear will be your go-to wax print clothing for a subtle ankara look that pops. And although the fabric is vibrant, this ethnic jacket is not over the top.
8. Sophia Dashiki Kente Jacket by L’Aviye
Make way for the queen, please! If you want ankara jackets that intricately incorporate the African culture, you’ve met your match. Make a statement with this 100% cotton wax print bomber.
It has two functional front pockets and varsity-inspired cuff sleeves for a polished look. Plus the classic round necklace guarantees that you’ll rock this bomber stylishly for years to come.
9. Casual African Print Jacket by Joseph Costume
Mais oui! Upgrade a boring outfit with this amazing wax print jacket. This dashiki bomber features a ribbed collar and side pockets with the classic varsity cuffs and waistband for the perfect fit.
Makes great pairing for sporting events, vacation, night out and as a light layer over tanks and t-shirts. Size up if you get this bomber!
10. Varsity Ankara Jacket by Boriah Clothiers
Put your best foot forward in this handcrafted African print bomber. It’s no surprise that this is a best seller from this amazing designer. The great thing about this jacket is that it can be worn by both men and women and is available in plus size.
The semi-fitted waist draws emphasizes on your best angles keeping you looking sharp. Made from locally sourced 100% genuine African wax print.
11. Floral African Jacket by African Dress Shop
It’s all about the details, my friends! This floral print ankara jacket features contrasting ribbing at the collar, cuffs, and waist to give you a striking look. You easily wear it with denim and a pair of sneakers for an athleisure feel.
And dress it up with heeled sandals to get that Beyonce’s “Homecoming” pizzazz. There’s also an option for my petite and tall sized ladies.
12. Liana Bomber Jacket by Gitas Portal
The Liana ankara bomber by Gitas Portal will get you excited to spend your coins. Seriously, the style and craftsmanship are so good that there are even copycats on Amazon!
You can stack your bet on the Amazon option or get the real deal from Gitas Portal. And as you might already know, Gitas Portal is a designer that really delivers on stylish Ankara pieces. Santa, all I want for Christmas are stylish Ankara jackets (please and thank you!).
13. Gradient Patchwork Jacket by WithFlare
Where do I start with WithFlare Designs? Though pricey, this designer’s patchwork pieces are to die for. She custom-made the patchwork ankara jumpsuit and cape that I wore to New York Fashion Week. And you bet that I got a crowd of photographers taking my photos.
But this gradient patchwork jacket is from another planet. Imagine how hard it is to find similar colored wax print, match them up in gradients, sew the pieces together, and transform that large piece of fabric to this masterpiece. Her price is truly reflected in the amount of work she devotes to each product.
I’d wear this to high profile events, high-class birthday parties, weddings, company functions, and holiday parties. There’s only one left. If you snooze, you lose! [P.S: WithFlare did not pay me to talk up her brand]
14. Pink Dutch Wax Biker Jacket by Gitas Portal
Words can’t begin to describe how elegant this Ankara bomber jacket is. Simple yet so chic. Another winning piece by this established brand. This biker jacket is unisex making it suitable for both men and women.
Step up your style with the playful print by pairing it with jeans and even trouser pants. Ankara jackets never go out of style. Click here to see how I’ve styled my ankara jackets over the years.
15. Belted Batik Jacket by Shenbolen
Amazon brought in $232.9 billion in 2018! (source) Why do I say this? Well, almost any business can strive and grow on Amazon. A few years ago, gorgeous African print clothes were basically nonexistent. Now, we see stunning pieces like this front tie ankara jacket from Shenbolen made with 100% African wax cotton. And it’s pretty affordable too.
This jacket also doubles as a top and features a bold neckline and super-sized sash that will get you noticed. Wear to work, weddings, cocktail and other special events. Truly a showstopper!
16. Ankara Unisex Bomber by Gitas Portal
Big, slightly puffy sleeves and zippered closure make this beauty rank high on my list of stylish Ankara jackets. The brown tone of the bomber jacket adds to its versatility with your wardrobe and occasion wear.
This bomber is perfect as part of your everyday street style looks for an ethnic splash. As with many of the ankara jackets in this roundup, this bomber comes with two side pockets for your convenience.
17. African Kimono Jacket by Oludan
Kimonos are a favorite amongst fashion lovers and can literally be worn with anything. Buttonless and zipless with the perfect je ne sais quoi for a stylish look. Style this beauty for work or special events. Pockets are always a plus and this ankara jacket does not disappoint. It has two full-size pockets and a belt for the perfect fit.
18. Floral Wax Print Kimono by Boriah Clothiers
Are you seeing a recurring theme here? Yup! Bomber ankara jackets and kimonos are a hit this season like they’ve been for the past few years. The clean lines and fabric of this wax print kimono.
I own one from this designer! This bomber features in-seam pockets and sizes for both men and women. Seriously, get one for you and your boo. Tip: If you plan on wearing this jacket in the winter, contact the seller for a custom option modified for fall/winter.
19. Quistt Blazer Jacket by Quistt
I love African print and much more so when it is used to make a versatile outfit. This blazer jacket will keep you warm plus the statement hem accentuates the waist like no man’s business.
One can’t help but appreciate the versatility of the African print and Ankara and its continued acceptance and application in modern-day fashion. This pink ankara fabric paired with black crepe creates a classy yet simple ankara jacket for any occasion.
20. Ankara Velvet Kimono by Irony of Ashi
Irony of Ashi is coming through with this stunning African print kimono jacket that doubles as a wrap jacket. This top is loose-fitted and I bet, super comfortable. The trendy velvet fabric totally puts a spin on traditional ankara jackets.
The unique color combinations and sleeve style will get folks asking you where you got it from. And the fitted bodice and belt will give you Shakira curves!
21. Wax Print Bomber by Gitas Portal
Pieces like this make me fall in love with African print over and over again. Take your style up a notch with this colorful jacket. I especially love how the model wore this outerwear: a simple tee, light wash denim, and a pop of bold lipstick seals the deal with this jacket.
22. His and Hers Jacket by Afrilege
I know that I’m not the only one lusting over this matchy-matchy ankara jacket. Made with a brightly colored Ankara print fabric, this bomber jacket gives off an urban appeal. This is a fun jacket to add to your fall wardrobe.
23. African Cape Jacket by African Dress Shop
Bring out the inner Be-you-cé in you with this badass cape jacket. This beautiful piece by African Dress Shop will get strangers wondering if you’re a celebrity, yesss!
24. Dashiki Bomber Jacket by L’aviye
Yes, boss, I see you! Integrate this dashiki blazer into your summer and fall wardrobe pronto! Although not long enough to be worn as a dress, you can style this jacket with leggings and thigh-high boots for party or concert attire. Made with 100% African print, this dashiki jacket features two front pockets and a deep cut v-neck design.
25. African Print Wrap Jacket by Boriah Clothiers
I can’t stress enough how excited I am to see ankara jackets and African print clothes making headlines. You also can’t go wrong with this stunning jacket. I’ve spotted a few copycats online.
If you want the real deal, Boriah Clothiers is where it’s at! This wrap jacket is perfect for work and formal events with a skirt or trouser pants. Or pair with jeans for a smart-casual outfit.
26. Dashiki African Print Set by L’Aviye
Ending this list of the best ankara jackets this season with this pantsuit by L’Aviye because why not? If you want to be the focus of attention, you need this blazer and pants in your life.
The coordinating wrap around ankara jacket and pants were made for you. And for a genuine wax print two-piece set, it’s quite affordable too.
It’s a wrap, my friends! When next you pick out clothes to wear, think about mixing things up a little with a nice Ankara jacket. African prints can be worn in a plethora of ways and Ankara jackets are one of the many ways you can show some ethnic influence on your style and stun your friends and coworkers.
And when you’re done ordering one or two ankara jackets from this list, be sure to get the lowdown on the best (and most affordable) authentic African head wraps to wear this season and beyond.
I already have six ankara headscarves in my wardrobe. These wraps make it easy to add a splash of color and culture to your outfit even on bad hair days!
PIN FOR LATER!