This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my disclosure for details.
Here’s EXACTLY how to use the new Tailwind SmartLoop to automate your Pinterest strategy so your best content are pinned automatically in a loop.
When I decided to up my Pinterest game, I quickly realized how time-consuming it was to pin manually. To be honest, manually pinning each pin to multiple boards at timed intervals was draining the life out of me.
After a little bit of research, I discovered that Tailwind was an approved Pinterest Partner. As you would correctly assume, I immediately started the free trial program.
Then I heard about something called “Looping” as a way to continuously push content you already have to Pinterest. At the time, the now-defunct BoardBooster was the most-raved about scheduler to use. But the scheduler was not an approved Pinterest Partner. In case you missed it, in June Pinterest sent out this message to BoardBooster users.
Thankfully, I was already one of the first Beta testers of Tailwind’s new evergreen content product called Tailwind SmartLoop. The good news for you is that you can also be a Beta tester.
Difference between Tailwind Pinterest Scheduler, Tailwind Tribes, and Tailwind SmartLoop
Tailwind Pinterest Scheduler
Tailwind Pinterest Scheduler is a marketing toolkit that allows you schedule posts, discover new content, monitor and respond to conversations, amplify your blog reach, and measure your results.
When I initially started using Tailwind back in 2016, I was obsessed with the Pinterest Scheduler after my first free 100 pins. I did not see immediate results at first, but I was happy to pay the $10/month to schedule my new blog post pin and be done within minutes.
Rather than setting a reminder on my phone to manually share each pin to 20+ personal and group boards at intervals. Sharing the same pin 20 times at once comes off as spammy and actually resulted in me getting denied entry to an active group board.
You can read more about Tailwind Pinterest Scheduler: Why I love it, how I use it, and how to get a free trial in these posts:
What is Tailwind Tribes?
Tailwind Tribes is a tool that allows you to meet and grow with other bloggers in your field by providing a steady supply of high-quality content from like-minded people AND getting your posts seen and shared by the right people.
Why? Pinterest values creators that share their content as well as other people’s content. Joining or creating a Tribe makes it easy to get relevant content and get your pins seen by a larger audience outside your reach.
After months of using Tailwind Pinterest Scheduler, I learned about Tailwind Tribes from a Facebook Group. I requested and was granted access to Tailwind Tribes. P.S: The team at Tailwind are super helpful and very responsive!
I have an active Tailwind Tribes for female fashion and beauty bloggers (no brands or businesses allowed). You can request access here. I manually review each request and approve creators who I believe would be a great fit.
You can learn more about Tailwind Tribes: Why I love it and a step-by-step direction on how to share your pins and other content creators’ pins in this post:
- A Step-by-Step Guide on Tailwind Tribes (+ 13 Reasons Why I Love Tailwind Tribes)
What is Tailwind SmartLoop?
SmartLoop is Tailwind’s new evergreen content product that makes it easy to reshare your best Pins from Pinterest at the best times for maximum engagement while giving you the freedom to focus on other tasks necessary to grow your blog or business.
You might be wondering, “How does using it benefit me?” As the first Beta user of SmartLoop (since 05/2017), I can say that Tailwind SmartLoop helps drive more traffic to your best evergreen and seasonal content by helping you stay consistently active with minimal effort by looping your pins while maintaining healthy re-sharing practices approved by Pinterest.
What Does Looping Pins Mean?
Looping your pins with a toolkit like Tailwind SmartLoop allows you to schedule your pins to a set of Pinterest boards you choose (personal or group boards).
The pins are shared to each board at an interval you’ve selected either as an evergreen loop (i.e., all year-round) or as seasonal loops (like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine.. You name it!).
Once Tailwind SmartLoop has gone through one loop (aka cycle) or posting to your selected boards, the recycle repeats again. Neat huh?!
A major advantage of using Tailwind is that Tailwind always shares a fresh Pin of your content to Pinterest. Watch the 2-minute video of an interview by Tailwind with Pinterest’s Head of Product Marketing, Sarah Hoople Shere below. She debunks the myth that repinning the original Pin has more value than a fresh Pin.
Pin looping is a great way to get your content front and center on Pinterest to a new audience and old audience who might have missed or forgotten about it. In turn, recycling your content leads to increased traffic to your blog in a way that is approved by Pinterest.
What are the Main Features of Tailwind SmartLoop?
Tailwind SmartLoop allows you to:
- Never miss out on maximizing your return on holiday traffic and seasonal content via Seasonal Loops. When life happens, you know that the systems you set in place will work for you.
- Customize your limits to protect you from breaking Group Board rules. <- This is one of my personal favorites.
- See robust analytics details on how each SmartLoop is performing so you can make educated modifications as needed.
- See everything your Pinning from both the Tailwind Pinterest Scheduler and Tailwind SmartLoop in an easy to understand calendar grid format.
- Discover best performing content from each board so you can easily add them to SmartLoop right from inside the Tailwind dashboard.
SmartLoop is not set-it-and-forget-it or fully “automated” software. Tailwind is an approved Pinterest Partner, and they work with Pinterest to develop healthy ways to re-share your content.
When is Tailwind Launching the SmartLoop?
Any time from now! The Tailwind SmartLoop team hopes to make this new evergreen content toolkit available to everyone that has shown interest by the end of October.
As a matter of fact, they are already sending out invites every day starting with Tailwind Plus members that have requested access (join Tailwind here & request access to beta test for free).
Detailed Guide on How to Set Up Tailwind SmartLoop
Now that you understand the basics of SmartLoop, let’s walk-through how to get started setting up your pins on SmartLoop. This 11-minute video will help you master the entire process. Or continue reading for text and image setup directions.
This Tailwind SmartLoop tutorial will cover:
- How to set up your first Loop & add your content from Pinterest
- How to manage your Loops for maximum engagement and traffic
How to Set Up Your First Loop
2. Next, navigate to your SmartLoop dashboard and click on New Loop
3. Select the type of Loop you want to create. Choose Evergreen Loop to continuously reschedule Pins that are great all year round (e.g., blog posts, home organizational tips, healthy recipes, and travel guide). Or Seasonal Loop to reschedule Pins between a set start and end dates each year (e.g., winter fashion, back to school, holiday recipes, gift guides, and Halloween ideas).
4. Now, Name Your Loop and Select which boards you want the Pins in the Loop to post to. Here, you still have to option to select when to Loop your Pins (All year round vs. seasonal content). Here, you can even add group boards with strict rules!
You can save time during the board selection process by selecting a Board List if you have one. Go to Publisher > Board Lists to create your lists.
5. It’s time to add Pins to your new Loop. Your most recently (A) pinned content will appear at the top. But you can toggle the top right toolbar to show your Most Popular (B). You can also search for specific pins (C) or filter by your Pinterest Boards (D), or only show Pins that are from your own website (E).
6. Once you’re done, click on “Add Pins to Loop.”
7. Customize your Loop Schedule. Select “Your Core Content” for content you expect to take up a larger part of your schedule (ex. Pins 1x/day). Or select “Niche Topic” for content you expect to take up a smaller part of your schedule (ex. Pins 3x/week).
Tailwind will automatically create a smart schedule with the best time to pin each day/week.
8. Set up “Board Rules.” Here, select the number of days you would like Tailwind SmartLoop to wait before publishing any other SmartLoop Pins to that board again. This rule applies to all the Loops you create, so you do not break board rules or spam your follows. Argh! I love SmartLoop.
Hit “Save” to complete setting up your new loop!
Note: Regular Pins from your Tailwind Pinterest Scheduler will still be published to that board if scheduled.
How to Manage Your Tailwind SmartLoop
All your Loops are located on the left side of your SmartLoop dashboard.
Hover over any Loop to see your Loop settings. You can Pause, Edit, or Delete your Loop at any time. The “Clock” symbol indicates that a Loop is seasonal. While the “Solid green” symbol indicates that a Loop is evergreen.
The purple and blue colored “Loop” symbols to the left of the Loop Name show up on the pins in “Your Schedule” to the left of the page to make it easy for you to identify which pin corresponds to each Loop. This symbol does not appear on images scheduled from your regular Tailwind Pinterest Scheduler.
Clicking on a Loop will show you the Loop content, Loop Summary, and Loop Performance at the top so you can see how well that Loop is performing.
Scroll down to a particular pin to change the pin description, change boards, or completely delete a pin from the Loop. In this section, you can also sort by Repins, Published Pins, Repins per Pin, and Date Added to make it easier to manage your pins.
You can also see Pin Performance data to help you know how each pin is performing as well as Preview Upcoming Schedule for each Looping Pin.
Your Schedule gives you a more visual reference of your upcoming pins on the right-hand side. Each Loop is a different color.
SmartLoop Posts located on the top left of your dashboard is the number of posts Tailwind is managing for you across all your Loops. Each board a Pin is set to loop to counts as one post.
Example: A pin looping to 5 boards count as 5 SmartLoop Posts regardless of how often the Pin is posted each month.
- Create at least two Loops for each Niche category you create content about
- Create Seasonal Loops for key seasons and relevant holiday posts
- Create unique Loops for your top performing content
- Remove underperforming Pins and update descriptions
Tailwind Pinterest Pricing Structure
Tailwind Plus plan member will always have a free plan available to use SmartLoop (see below) on their account. You can also add additional SmartLoop posts through paid PowerUps.
A new Tailwind member will be able to try out SmartLoop as part of their free trial.
How Much is Tailwind SmartLoop?
For beta testing Tailwind SmartLoop, you will receive a limited time offer to a 50% off discount on paid SmartLoop PowerUps as a thank you for participating in the program.
Reflects 50% Private Beta Discount
|Paid Annually||Paid Monthly||# of SmartLoop Posts|
I am currently on the SmartLoop Unlimited plan. Additional information about Tailwind SmartLoop frequently asked questions can be found here.
Tailwind SmartLoop for Pinterest has made it easier for me to schedule and re-share my content giving me time to focus on other areas of my blog. As an approved Pinterest Partner, Tailwind will keep your account safe and active, growing your engagement and driving traffic to your website.
* I’d like to add that Tailwind is not a magic bullet. Content on Pinterest take about 3 months to gain traction. It has taken me well over that time to get this blog to where it is today. Patience, resilience, and tweaking your content are important when Pinterest is involved (and should be a part of your Pinterest strategy).
Interested in more blogging-related tips? Check out these popular posts:
- How to Use Tailwind to Grow Your Blog
- 13 Reasons to Start Using Tailwind Tribes Today
- 33 Ways to Massively Grow your Blog Traffic with Pinterest
PIN FOR LATER!
NEVER MISS A POST!
Join LPV email list to get the latest blog posts, beauty hacks, outfit tips & ideas, PLUS special sale alerts, exclusive giveaways, and behind the scenes peeks!