This post may contain affiliate links which means I will get a commission if you make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my disclosure for details.
My name is Louisa and I have an addiction to African dresses! Grab a drink, popcorn, and your wallet because you’re about to be exposed to 45 amazing handmade African dresses with links to where you can get them.
I know from personal experience that there’s nothing worse than finding the perfect dress without knowing where to get it. It’s my mission to never leave you high and dry.
As you scroll through this epic list of one-of-a-kind African wax print dresses, simply click on the “+” icon above or click on the photos below to be directed to the seller’s store to get more information and to shop the look. If an African dress appears to be sold out or not available, reach out to the seller. The ankara dress might still be available but not relisted in the seller’s store. It never hurts to ask!
Sadly I am not a designer or a seamstress so once these African styles sell out, they may be gone forever. Without further ado and in no particular order, here are my favorite African dresses that you need right now (+ links to where to get them).
Ready? 3, 2, 1 —> African dresses 🙂
- The Ola Dress by Woen ILGA Design – This free-flowing A-line dress with sleeveless design will make this your go-to summer dress this season.
- The Chica Dress by Woen ILGA Design – Dress like a queen in this gorgeous African dress. The layered ruffle sleeves and seductive neckline will make you the hottest chica in town.
- The Mira Maxi dress by Habby Stitches – African dresses are just amazing! What’s not to love about this ankara dress with matching head wrap? The colors, patterns, and style is everything and then some!
- Pink Party Dress by With Flare – This flirtatious patchwork ankara dress will have people dancing to the beat of your music. This sweetheart halter dress packs lots of punch with a bodacious flare skirt. You’ll be glad you bought this dress!
- The Nkem Dress by Habby Stitches – This is the perfect African print midi dress to take your day from 0 to 100. The embellished details, sleeveless style, and classic neckline makes it is a classic piece in your closet.
- The Zeina Dress by Demestik – Off the shoulder (aka OTS) dresses are all the rave right now. Looking for a trendy, chic, and summery way to rock African dresses this summer? The Zeina dress is a sure bet! P.S: check out this flare sleeves 🙂
- The Jolly Dress by Demestik – This African print designer never disappoints with the uniqueness of their designs. Love how conservative and sexy this dress is. The bold loose pleats on the sleeves and hem with contrasting fabric scream brilliance!
- The Dasmina Shift Dress by Grassfields – So much love for this handmade goodness. Gotta love the perfect marriage between the preppy white collared neckline and the relaxed feel.
- Ayawax Fitted Dress by Nanayah Studio – So much love for this double fabric African print dress. From the scalloped neckline and sleeves to the attached petticoat and deep pockets. It’s all in the details, my friends!
- The Joko Dress by Rahyma – You tell yourself that you’ll stop shopping when you find the perfect dress. With African print dresses, it’s a vicious cycle. There are so many perfect dresses. This vintage-inspired pleated dress with exaggerated sleeves and bow details got us oohing and ahhing.
- The shift dress by Nasb Stitches – If you’re not already obsessed with bell sleeves, I’m not sure what you’re waiting for 😉 Eat your cake and have it in this simple A-line shift dress with flounce sleeves. Feel like a hopeless romantic in this uber chic dress.
- African Cocktail Dress by Jez Africanna – Get on cloud 9 in this stunning asymmetric ankara dress with one shoulder action. Throw on a metal waist belt to cinch your waist and get ready to wow the crowd at your next big event.
- Sunshyne Dashiki Dress by Kahaari – You knew this was coming. This list of fashionable African dresses will not be complete without some major dashiki inspiration. There are so many wears to rock this unique style. Dress it up with statement jewelry for a special occasion or down for a laidback summer day.
- The Titi dress by Ofuure – Another over the shoulder African print dress to knock your socks heels off! Slay like there’s no tomorrow in this bad-ass loose-fit flare dress. Wear with flats or stilettos for a more dressed up look. You’ll be wearing this baby on repeat like you replay your favorite songs.
- Ronke Tulip Dress by Kaela Kay – Just minding my business perusing Etsy for stunning African dresses (because that’s how I love to spend my spare time) and came across this Tulip dress. My world came to a standstill. Seriously, why do African print dresses have to be so pretty? Really! This fit and flare dress with father waist got me waiting on my next paycheck like yesterday. #SorryNotSorry!
- Ohemaa Aba Dress by Akese Style Lines – Exude some badassery in the Ohemaa dress. The bold sleeves, major cold shoulder details, and vibrant print will make you a force to be reckoned with. Elegance, sophistication, and edginess all packed into one gorgeous dress.
- Chyfwax Collection Mini Dress by Nanayah Studio – Time to bare those hot legs in this fitted African print dress. The perfect unison between the classic stripes and the yellow print fabric is like bread and butter. The fitted cuffs, slitted bubble sleeves, pleated neckline and scooped low back cannot be missed. Get those sexy lace-up fringe sandals here.
- The Kiki Maxi Dress by Habby Stitches – Feel over the moon in this vibrant ankara maxi dress. Maxi dresses are always in style year after year so why not switch things up a little by rocking this African print dress? Super versatile for work, weddings and special occasions, and a casual outing with friends.
- Bodycon Peplum Dress by Diggin Her Roots – Talk about the African flare! This bodycon dress with peplum hem is a very chic way to take a piece of Africa wherever you go. It is super stylish without going overboard. Kente always looks so good!
- High Low Dress Jacket by Rahyma – A moment of silent for this dashiki high-low dress that doubles as a jacket. Serve major hot sauce in this belted dashiki dress.
- The Maud Fitted Dress by Kaela Kay – The perfect fitted dress for work or anywhere your heart desires. You’ll definitely get tons of compliments in this ankara print wiggle dress with side slit. The impressions you leave will last forever.
- Sleeveless Ankara Dress by My Ankara Love – This body hugging deep V dress is simply a showstopper. It will accentuate your curves in all the right places. The peplum flare bottom adds extra pizzazz to your look. Make an even bolder statement with a super chic metallic waist belt which by the way is a must-have in every fashionista’s closet
- Combo Crepe Dress by African Dress Shop – These African dresses with layered ruffle neckline and sleeves scream regal. The fitted silhouette and understated design make them banging hot.
- The Ese Dress by Ofuure – The Ankara saga continues with this ridiculously beautiful African print maxi dress complete with pockets. I mean what is a girl gonna do?
- Dazzling Patchwork Dress by With Flare – I’ve always wanted a phenomenal African print dress and finally got it! I have and love this dress (p.s that’s me in the photo). This dress is everything and then some. All about giving some cold shoulder in this one shoulder reversible dress. Patchwork on one side and contrasting African wax on the other. Who doesn’t love getting two for the price of one?
- The Li Li Afro Belle Dress by LiLi Creations – Channel your inner Michelle Obama vibes with this stunning Dutch wax dress with fitted bodice, gathered skirt, and petticoat for the perfect poof! This is one attractive African print dress!
- The Clara-Grey Dress by Rahyma – This dress gives a modern twist to a vintage look. The bubble sleeves, bow tie, and pleated flare literally blurs the line between retro and contemporary appeal.
- The Lucia Dress by Kaela Kay – The sexy wrap around dress will have you pulling out your wallet before you know it. Wrap around this maxi dress with included sash and show off your summer legs (or not). You call the shots but the former is our preferred choice 😉
- The Backless Ankara Dress by My Ankara Love – Become the center of attention in this stylish African print dress. Conservative on the front and oh-la-la on the back. Just irresistible!
- The Buba Dress by Boriah Clothiers – Loose-fitted shift dresses are always a favorite this season. Obsessed with this dress because the rhinestone details and loose-fit design make it perfect for a casual or dressed up occasion.
- The Hawa dress by Habby Stitches – So much chicness with this handmade African wax dress. The boat neck, 3/4 sleeves, and maxi length makes it a conservative option too.
- The Isabel Dress by Chen Burkett NY – The African print saga continues with this ridiculously gorgeous shoulder-revealing dress. All about giving major cold shoulder and romantic flairs right now.
- Mixed Princess Dress by My Ankara Love – The amalgamation of breathtaking African print is the beginning of good things. What say you about this playful mixed fabric African print dress with cowl neckline and preppy collars?
- The Raven Dress by Melange Mode – All about that twirl life in this sweet and playful Alice in Wonderland dress. The ruffles and peek-a-boo shoulder paired with exaggerated sleeves adds a tad bit of vintage flair.
- The Mixed Print Dress by House of Izzi – Another mixed print dress because you can never have too many. The mixed fabric are a perfect complement to each other. The perfect African dress for both work and play.
- The Jasmine Dress by Yetunde Sarumi – Bishop sleeves is all the rave this season for good reasons. This pencil midi dress complete with exaggerated sleeves creates the illusion of a slender figure.
- The Pleated Dress by Rahyma – Simple is boring, said no one ever! This vintage wax print African dress by Rahyma is serving a lot of vintage splendor. A clean and simple attire that will get all eyes on you. Blue is the new black!
- Ankara Rebekah dress by Gitas Portal – In love with the high-low details of this Ankara summer dress. The deep V-neck and sleeveless style make it super chic and perfect this time of the year.
- The Dashiki Dress by Laviye – You will live in this dashiki dress day in, day out! This African print style has been in existence for ages but this particular cut has been adapted from the boys. Ladies wear this style better. Not in the mood to show off your summer legs? Throw on a pair of leggings or fitted pants. Easy peasy!
- The Mansa Dress by Be London Fashion – Make a bold statement with this gorgeous brown African dress. Rock this chic damsel look whenever you want to switch things up. The pleated details make this look so tasteful.
- The Halter Neck Dress by Nasb Stitches – A cup full of sophistication in this yellow halterneck maxi dress. Look like a tall drink in this beautiful handcrafted ankara print maxi dress because you deserve all the attention 😉
- The Erilyn Dress by Zere Fashion House – This dress is the perfect blend between mainstream influences on traditional African print attires. Just the perfect addition of vintage glamor to a day dress.
- The Dashiki Dress by Quistt: This 50’s inspired Vlisco Dutch Wax dress will have you wishing that your entire wardrobe was packed full with African print clothes.
- The Doll Dress by Zizi Bespoke: This strapless flare doll is giving me the Carrie Bradshaw flavor. Did you know you can wear this bespoke dress in 4 different ways? Yu, you totally can. Get four styles for the price of one. You can thank me later!
- The Efe Dress by Habby Stitches – OMG! This dress is giving us so much life! The African mermaid dress perfectly features the most beautiful tube cut and flowy details. You’ll never want any other dress once you put this on.
- The Blossom-leaf Dress by Rahyma – I know this list says 45 ridiculously chic African dresses. I just could get rid of this hotness. The glamorous high-low design and ruffles will leave people trailing behind you.
This was a difficult job narrowing down the best African wax print dresses down to only 45. If you want to get your hands on any of the styles showcased above, simply click on the photo to be directed to the seller’s store. I’m just a girl who has close ties to her roots with a deep admiration for African print dresses.
Keep in mind that most African dresses are handmade when ordered so they cost a lot more than clothes you’ll find at your local retailer. Follow the seller’s instructions to properly care for your unique clothes. Or read this post on how to care for your African print clothes. Special care must be taken to ensure that you preserve the life of this delicate fabric.
African dresses are so unique that big brands and retailers are beginning to introduce these styles into their collection. I hope you loved this post as much as I enjoyed creating it. A big shout out to the ladies and gents who have made it their goal to serve us the best African print styles. My closet would be very sad if not for their handwork. As always, thank you for stopping by!
Interested in more African dresses and outfits? You’ll love these:
- 50+ Best African Print Dresses
- 30 Stylish Ankara Styles You Need Right Now
- 20+ Stylish African Print Ankara Bomber Jackets
- African Print Mini Dress + Fringe Sandals
PIN FOR LATER!
NEVER MISS A POST!
Join LPV email list to get the latest blog posts, beauty hacks, outfit tips & ideas, PLUS special sale alerts, exclusive giveaways, and behind the scenes peeks!